Mains Digitales Interactive
Based in Montpellier, France
28 septembre, 2016
Far Beyond: A space odyssey is the first hardcore Rogue-like in Virtual Reality with a Sci-fi atmosphere and AAA graphics. It features a hard but rich gameplay focused on resources management, craft and strategy.
In Far Beyond: A space odyssey, you play the last survivor of your civilization. The last chance of survival you have is to take command of the Genesis, a spaceship on its last legs "supposed" to allow you to go across the universe and reach your one and only goal: a distant habitable planet, primitive and without any trace of intelligent life called "Earth". Equipped with two mechanically capricious probes, Columbus and Digger Master, you have to cross the space, juggling between refueling and recharging the battery, extracting ore, repairing damages and planning your moves in hyperspace. You will have only one goal: reach a distant habitable planet in order to deploy the E.D.E.N project, a demographic bomb composed of genomes and matrices of your lost civilization, to give birth to a new colony. Will you survive long enough to bring back your civilization to life far beyond your own galaxy?
- A GAME DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED FROM A TO Z FOR VR
- A PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE. No artificial locomotion nor camera movement therefore no risk of nausea. (Roomscale for motion controllers)
- NO DISPLAY DIRECTLY ON THE SCREEN. all user interfaces are fully integrated into the environment to not ruin the feeling of immersion.
- A GRAPHIC RENDERING CLOSE TO PRESENCE. Gorgeous and inspired graphics thanks to 4K textures and a native supersampling of the resolution.
- A REALISTIC AND METICULOUS SOUND DESIGN. All sound effects are in spatialized 360� 3D audio.
- A POSSIBLE INTERACTION WITH EVERY OBJECT. Grab, manipulate, or throw all of the objects you can find around you.
- A GAMEPLAY SYSTEM, MIXING SURVIVAL AND STRATEGY, RICH AND HARDCORE.
- A TOUGH AND CERTAIN CHALLENGE TO EVERY GAME PLAY. Successfully reach a distant planetary system safe and sound is your only goal. However, one mistake and the game will start again (only in the higher difficulty setting).
- HUMAN SCALE CRAFTING. Repair and upgrade the probes through a unique human scale crafting system.
- A GUARANTEE OF REPLAY VALUE. Explore a procedurally generated galaxy for each new game. Build and assemble more than fifty parts to upgrade your probes. Multiple random events make each game play unique.
- TIME AS THE WORST ENEMY. Each exit consumes the battery of your spaceship. Plan effective travel and refueling strategies to avoid falling into blackout and thus succeed in moving towards your goal.
- LIMITED RESOURCES. Fuel and construction ore are exhaustible resources. Use your two space probes to scan and extract resources essential to your survival.
- UPGRADE YOUR EQUIPMENT. Unlock, build then assemble by hand more than fifty upgrades using the onboard ore synthesizer.
Lauch demo trailer YouTube
Lauch trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Mains Digitales Interactive
More information on Mains Digitales Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Far Beyond :A space odyssey Credits
Founder / Game Director & Game Designer
Cofounder / Developer
Cofounder / 3D Artist